A blog about the animals I live with and care for and wonderfully cute animal pics, stories & videos for your enjoyment.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Higgins the Great Dane


One rainy morning as I was caring for this gentle giant named Higgins, I awoke to the usual dreary Oregon drizzle. Higgins has a big backyard, but enjoys a walk in the morning, so I bundled up - warm pants, sweater, raincoat, gloves, hat, reflective vest, flashlight, potty bag, leash...only to find Higgins curled up...in MY bed! Most dogs get excited at the sight of the leash, but not Higgins. I tried to entice him, but he made it clear he was not interested in a walk that day with a long, low growl. Okay, Higgins... you're the boss! So I got back in bed, or at least, the tiny corner of the bed that Higgins let me have.

No comments:

Post a Comment