A blog about the animals I live with and care for and wonderfully cute animal pics, stories & videos for your enjoyment.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grizz is getting bigger

Grizz must be about 14 weeks old by now and he is growing so fast! Earlier this week, I set him in my lap and wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his belly and kissing his ears. He didn't struggle or chew; he just let me cuddle him to pieces for about five minutes! He will soon be way to big to sit on my lap, so I'm getting all the puppy snuggles I can.

When raising a puppy, it's very important that they get used to being touched all over. Make sure you touch their feet and toes, ears and teeth regularly so that when you really need to touch them in the future (injuries, medications, etc.), they won't struggle against you. Its great to do this when they are relaxed and comfortable.

Here's a real treat: Grizz playing with his toys. This pup was made for the camera! Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMpqwxS-Hko&feature=youtu.be

1 comment: